- Walking is better because it makes me strong. (Max)
- Walking because it gets you more exercise. (Libby)
- MRT is better because I get to see many things. (Caileigh)
- If we have to go far, the MRT is better because we will reach it much faster. (Everyone)
- Walking takes a lot of time. (Dillon)
- If the place is near we should walk, but if the place is far we should take the MRT. In the MRT we do not move much, but when we walk we exercise a lot. (Olympia)
Last week we went on a field trip which helped us compare different types of movement. First we walked to the Somerset MRT which has a skate park on top of it. Then we took the MRT train back to Orchard MRT which is very close to our school. We didn't see any skateboarders in the park, so we got to play on the ramps!
Before and after our trip, we completed parts of a Harvard Project Zero Visible Thinking Routine called 'I Used to Think, Now I Think' to collect our ideas about the MRT. Here are our thoughts about the MRT from before and after our trip:
After our trip we also reflected on the experience in our journals and discussed which we thought the better way of moving between our school and Somerset was: walking or MRT . . .
We are a group of Kindergarten 1 students at an IB World School in Singapore. Our teacher is Miss Alison. Follow us on our blog and Twitter to see how much we're learning and growing!
More Blogs to Follow at ISS:
Elementary Principal (Mr. Pinchbeck)
ISS Phys Ed (Mr. Nathan)
ISS Art Factory (Ms. Caz)
ISS Music (Ms. Stacey)
ISS Mandarin (Ms. Linda)