Two weeks ago we had a Skype Play date with our new friends @K2SuperLearners in Saudi Arabia. Ms. Alison and their teacher Ms. Naketa connected at a workshop in Bangkok and through Twitter and thought it would be interesting to see what kind of international friendships could develop with their 4 and 5 year old students. After all, a big part of the PYP Framework is developing international mindedness!
Our Skype Play date was a great way to naturally get to know each other through one of our favourite things...play!
- Do you have your mums and dads in the country there? Or do you sleep at your school? (Maanya)
- Do you sing Goodbye Songs and Hello Songs? (Adrian & Olympia)
- What's your favourite toy in your classroom? (Dillon)
- Do we have to go on a plane to get to you? (Phoenix) Or a boat? (Olympia)
- Which school are you? (Adrian)
- How many boys and girls do you have? (Isaiah)
- What are your names? (Libby)
- In Saudi Arabia is there snow? (Phoenix)
- Do you like jumping? (Elliot)
- Does it rain a lot there? (Olympia)